An important aspect of any business is to have an email address that is associated with your domain name. When a potential customer customer visits your website they should not see an MSN or Yahoo web mail address, it makes your company look, for lack of a better word, “temporary”. Think of it this way, what if you were contacting a financial company asking about a credit card. If the contact for new accounts was firstname.lastname@example.org you wouldn’t think twice about it but what if their email address was email@example.com? Would you send your financial details to that person? Probably not…
Luckily setting up a new email address for your domain name is incredibly easy if you have a cPanel host and today I’m going to show you how to do it.
1. Log in to your cPanel account, you can usually get to your cPanel account by pointing your browser to cpanel.your-domain.com You will have to put in your username and password, you should get these credentials from your hosting company.
2. Find the box labeled “Mail” and click the “Email Accounts” icon.
3. Enter the first part of the email address you would like to use (example: test) and choose the domain name you would like to use:
4. Password security is crucial to having problem free email, in cPanel there is a button labeled “Password Generator” that will create a very secure password. Once your password is in place click “Create Account”
5. Configure your email program to check your new email address. In the list of email accounts you’ve created you will see a “More” button that you can click on. A new menu will appear, choose “Configure Email Client” from the menu.
6. You will see a list of the most popular email checking programs, click on the name of yours and there will be a set of instructions specific to that program.
6.1 If you don’t see your email client in the list then you need to check with the website of the software your using or the help section to learn to manually configure your new email account. The manual settings are at the bottom of the configure page.
That’s it, you now have a professional looking email address that is tied to your business and ready for service.